Has Complaining Become Over the Top?

Trina Phan, Contributor

Complaints are thrown everywhere whether it be about dissatisfied orders to life crises; people grouse about personal issues big or small. As of the first world, people commonly tend to spill their problems about school or work. Because of how society has all the essentials of living a luxury lifestyle, people tend to forget how other people around the world have to endure harsher matters.

Kalana Billingsley, a sophomore, stated, “I just think complaining is pointless. Though we all do it sometimes, it’s just a way of procrastinating the work at hand and generally nothing good comes of it. I think sometimes by complaining people think they are one step closer to finding a way around the work when really they are only farther behind in the end.”

Other students’ opinions discuss about complaints over education. Sofie Kile vocalized, ” People complain way too much. Not specifically Benjamin Franklin High School, but we definitely could work more on it. We tend to forget the work our school faculty does for us and the sacrifices they make for their students. By forgetting this leads to us having discontent hearts which normally ends up with kids bashing on teachers and the way they do certain things. Even if we disagree with the way they teach, we still need to respect them and how much they put into bettering our education.”

Kalee Porter voices, “I will admit I do it as well. I try not to complain as much because of my circumstances I see how I’m very privileged to have an education and to live in an environment that allows me to thrive and have the capability to have a great future. I think there’s a fine line between complaining and expressing concern. Overall, complaining about things that ultimately do not matter is not necessary. There are exceptions to this idea, but if you want something in your life to change then you need to go out there and actually do it.”

Most of the time, the populace who live in an environment that is beneficial to them are so caught up in their life that they have funnel vision and cannot see the bigger surroundings. It all depends on the range of what people complain about; others grumble to make a conversation. Teenagers, especially express their opinions more vividly than older generations. It maybe because of how in the United States citizens have the right of freedom of speech. In the third world, most people do not tend to think about complaining, but rather how they can survive. They block out the unnecessary worry that most people have and do something to help themselves.

A means of not bleating so much is to appreciate what one has and do the best they can to prosper for others that do not have the privilege. Another way is to think how others are living and compare it to their own and realize what a big difference there is. Overall, do not complain so much and live a life that is worth living for.