Avengers: Infinity War

Anticipation

Bentson Richardson, Contributor

People around the world have been anticipating this movie since the launch of the first Iron Man ten years ago. Since then, the Marvel Universe has grossed about $15 billion worldwide and released 18 movies with Avengers: Infinity War being the nineteenth addition.

Infinity War could also break a $500 million worldwide opening, potentially in front of Star Wars: The Force Awakens which also had ten years of high anticipation. The individual superhero movies Marvel has produced like Iron Man, Captain America, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Guardians of The Galaxy, and Thor have all been super successful in the box office and accepted well by critics.

The previous Avengers movies were big deals bringing together a small “team of remarkable individuals” (Nick Fury) but now the number of superheroes have more than doubled and they are still all separated! No doubt the beginning of the movie will show the individual Avengers assembling and the end will be a huge battle.

The cast has been traveling around the world, attending fan events and press conferences. The cast split up and went to places like Mexico City, London, Shanghai, Singapore, Brazil, and more. Fans dressed up in cosplay lined the street asking for autographs and hoping to meet the big actors.

There are a million questions to be asked before seeing the movie like what’s up with the whole Part II of Infinity War? Well, Vox news explains it pretty well, “Back when Marvel was rolling out its plans for its “phase three” set of movies, it initially introduced Infinity War as a two-part story, with part one landing in 2018 and part two hitting theaters in 2019. Then in 2016Part II was dropped, and the fourth Avengers movie has been untitled ever since.” They go on to say that Marvel has kept this secret pretty well probably because revealing the title may spoil what happens in Avengers: Infinity War, so hopefully the title for that will be released in a few weeks when spoiling the movie for the public isn’t much of a problem.

Avengers: Infinity War is going to be an amazing movie no doubt. The only thing that could be disappointing is if one of the superheroes dies. Up to now, the only Avenger who has died was Quicksilver, but he was only in one movie and his death wasn’t a big deal. But if someone like Captain America dies, (WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILER. Chris Evans’ contract with Marvel only spanned the length of 6 movies and Infinity War is the 6th. Who knows whether or not he extended that contract) a lot of fans are going to go nuts.