Dr. Collings is Pregnant!

Alexis Banks, Contributor

David Collings and Joanna Marshall are a happily married couple who are soon expecting a little baby boy. They are both British, with British parents, but Joanna wasn’t born in Britain. She was born in one of the oldest town in Ireland, called Drogheda. Dr. Collings was born in Margate, a seaside town in he district Thanet in Kent, England. They met at collage in the University of Durhan. They knew each other through class, and Doctor asked her out. Two weeks ago was their ten year anniversary of the day they started dating. They now live here in Gilbert and will soon be accompanied by a little American baby. This baby, because it will be born in the United States, will be an American baby. An American baby with two British parents.

The kids due date is April 24, 2018, which is a very cute month to have a baby. In Arizona, the spring time isn’t chilly and cold, but it’s also not hot and humid. Most of the time, the springs here are windy but warm, which is the best time of the year. The time between spring and the HOT HOT summer is very short, but the days we have are perfect days to go do something.

The baby will be a boy, which Doctor was hoping for. His wife, however, wanted a cute little baby girl. They plan to have more kids, and Joanna definitely wants the next one to be a girl. Dr. Collings, when asked how many more kids they plan to have, said, “hopefully two more,” and then said, “I don’t really care about the gender now, as long as my kid is happy.” He also said the biggest issue concerning their prospective baby is whether or not they can get the right bedroom style they want. Safari or Dinosaur themed is what they are aiming for. For what the kid wants to do in sports, academics, etc., he said, “all the options will be there presented for him, but I will not force anything onto him. He gets the choice…”

David and Joanna don’t plan on becoming their own 19 kids and counting show. However, more than one kid is almost a definite for Doctor and his wife. They want healthy, happy kids, and once in the interview he did mention that he might move to Australia to have one of their kids, when he said, “We might even move to Australia so we can have a kid in a america and a kid in Australia so we could have an American baby and an Australian baby,” he said. If they do end up moving everywhere to have different ethnicity in their kids, then there family will be a very interesting one.

David Collings and his wife Joanna Marshall will soon enter into a new phase of life in four months. This baby boy will change their life for the better, and hopefully Doctor will bring him into school sometimes. It will be hard at first for them, because raising kids is never easy, but as their experience increases, they are sure to be great parents, who will raise a bright young boy.