Major NBA Off Season Trades

Adam Martin, Contributor

The NBA off season is normally filled with trades that shock the sports world, but this past off season has been filled with superstar trades that shook the sports world more than usual.

The off season of chaos was kicked off by Kyrie Irving requesting to be traded from the Cleveland Cavaliers after being in the NBA championships three years in a row. This request was such a big deal because LeBron James and Irving had been a practically unstoppable pair. The Cleveland Cavaliers traded Irving to the Boston Celtics for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and a first-round draft pick and a second round draft pick for the 2018 season.

The next big trade was the Indiana Pacers trading Paul George to the Oklahoma Thunder. This is such a big trade because the Thunder have Russel Westbrook, who won the NBA MVP last year. After this trade, the sports world was in shock — the New York Knicks traded Carmelo Anthony to the Thunder for Enes Kanter.

The Melo trade is such a big deal because Anthony is a much better player than Kanter which is a steal for the Oklahoma Thunder.

The next major trade to take place was the Jimmy Butler trade. Butler was traded from the Chicago Bulls to the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Timberwolves also acquired a first round pick for the next draft while the Chicago Bulls also acquired rookies from the past draft, Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn.

However, the trade that has been the hardest for sports fans to accept is the Chris Paul trade – where the Houston Rockets gave seven of their players for just ONE Los Angeles Clippers player. The Houston Rockets acquired Paul in exchange for Patrick Beverley, Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, DeAndre Liggins, Darrun Hilliard, Lou Williams, Kyle Wiltjer, a 2018 first-round pick, and cash considerations.