BFHS vs. Valley Christian

Savannah Martinez, Writer

On September 15, the Chargers Varsity football team traveled to Valley Christian High School to face the Trojans. The Chargers, still on their winning streak, made their record a nice 4-1 at the conclusion of the game.

The Chargers brought spirit and strength during the first quarter. QB Chase Adams handed the ball to running back Zach Jefferies, who then ran a solid 26 yards. By the end of the first quarter, the Chargers had racked up a total of three touchdowns, making the score 21-0 heading into the second quarter.

The second quarter began with Adams passing the ball to #16, wide-receiver Chris Rendon, who gained 10 yards. Adams then followed up with a sweet 34 yard pass to #87 ,wide receiver Seth Hamblin. Hamblin scored a touchdown and #53, kicker Sean Crandall, scored the PAT, making the score 28-0 which they carried to halftime.

Valley Christian kicked off for the 3rd Quarter. Adams completed a 46-yard pass to #5, Chandler Miles, for a touchdown. Crandall continued his trend of solid PATs, making the score 35-0 at the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Miles started off the 4th Quarter with a strong 19 yard touchdown run. Charger guards, Fernando Luna and Carter Davis, recovered a Trojan fumble. However, Valley Christian managed to get two touchdowns with three minutes left in the quarter. The game ended with a score of 42-14.

The top three offensive players were: #18 Adams, #5 Miles, and #24 Jefferies. The top three defensive players were: #87 Hamblin, #76 Glover, and #40 Luna. The player of the game was #5 Miles with a total of 21 carries, 169 rushing yards, 8 yards per carry, and 2 touchdowns.

The Chargers’ hard work is paying off, as they are wrecking all of their opponents. Good luck boys in your next game against the Coolidge Bears!