JV Girl’s Volleyball Game Against Williams Field

Faith Duey, Contributor

On August 28, your very own Lady Chargers JV volleyball team fought hard all throughout the game against Williams Field High School. Though they lost the game, every member put in her best effort.

Coach Rebecca Madrid was interacting with all her players, making sure each were focused and prepared to give 110% no matter the cost or outcome. In the beginning of the first match, Jayden Baugh served up several aces. There were also many amazing passes from Emma Wright, one of the two liberos on the team. Wright’s fighting spirit was contagious as she dove all over the court, gave her all, and made many great digs.

Ryan Jackson, a middle hitter/blocker, was ready for every spike the other team hit at her. She made sure the front row was covered and was ready to back up the setter and outside hitter. Ainsley Hayduk, right-side hitter, had powerful serves and was ready for anything. She was loud and made sure to call every ball she passed. Her passes went right to the setter, which helped to set up for kills. Emi Buckmister had amazing kills during both games and her fighting spirit did not go unnoticed.

The second game started out rough, but Wright came back strong and had a great serving streak for the team. Again, she was quick and she went for every ball. Jackson was middle when a member of the other team hit a hard one straight to her. The hitter was fast, but not fast enough; Jackson jumped up and blocked it causing the student body came into play. The crowd was huge and their support was much appreciated by the team. Mr. Strickland took part in getting the crowd excited as well as the Varsity Lady Chargers and Mr. Strong.

Emily Kuefner had amazing hits while she was playing middle. Jensen Matheny, libero, had good passes, along with Wright, that went to the setter to set up for a kill. Taylor Severson was a co-middle with Jackson. She had smashing hits, helped by how high she could hit. Haylee Lazarin subbed in as an outside and a back row (depending on the rotation). Jasmine Martinez subbed in for Hayduk and got some good passes. Her hustle was great and she focused on every ball that came her way. Brooke Ryan had fast and strong serves, which sent fear into the opposing players. Her form was stunning and flawless.

All in all, the game was fantastic. Both sections of the crowd had a good show and showed good sportsmanship throughout the game. The cheering was phenomenal and it helped to boost the teams’ spirits. Though our Lady Chargers lost this battle, the next game they play, they will come back stronger than ever!