One Armed High School Athlete Inspiration

Dante Turgeon, Contributor

There is a high school junior by the name of Karlee Myers who has an amazing story that should be shared. Karlee is a junior at Cherryvale High School in Cherryvale, Kansas. She currently plays in the outfield for her high school team, but how she plays the game is much different then how others do. Karlee was born with one arm, but she does not let her disability stop her from accomplishing what she wants to do. “I just adapted as I grew. up. My biggest difficulty I would say is just seeing how other people do everything. I had to know that I’m going to have to learn to do things differently and adjust in my own way.” This is what Karlee told the local news that covered her story. She has explained how playing sports with one arm has been difficult but she still perseveres and continues to play the best that she can. Karlee announced that learning how to function on the field required a lot of trial and error, but she found a way that is comfortable for her to play softball. The head coach of Karlee’s softball team stated that she struggles and it is not always easy for her, but she always maintains a positive attitude and that is what allows her to persevere. People like Karlee are inspirational, showing that anything can be accomplished if you put your mind to it and continue with a positive attitude toward life’s tasks.