V Girls Volleyball v. Gilbert Christian

Kayla Winters, Contributor

Our varsity girls volleyball team traveled to Gilbert Christian this Tuesday night. Our varsity girls fought very hard the whole time each of the three sets. They were sadly unsuccessful in taking home another Charger win.  They gave it their all even though they knew they were up against a very well trained team. They tried so hard and got very close in each of their sets with their first set, their score was 25-16. Their second set score was 25-13. Their third and final set score, the closest one out of the three, was 25-21. Through the whole game, our blue crew, otherwise known as our student section, cheered and encouraged our varsity girls on. When our girls would serve, every single thing our girls point the blue crew would go crazy in the stands. The blue crew is the biggest supporter of every player at every game, they are known for screaming, cheering, making it a good time! Without them, the games would not be the same. It does not matter if we are winning or if we are losing, they are there. Our girls even had their senior middle blocker, number 12, Katie Lee back from an injury. She was told that she would be out for the rest of the season, with all the odds stacked against her, she played amazingly. Another amazing senior player number 7 Avery Ward the girls outside hitter. Avery had some amazing hits and spikes. Without them, we would not have the amazing blockers that we have. At the end of the day, our varsity girls always go out of their way to do all they can.