Spring Break

Spring Break

Onika Wallace, Contributor

Spring break is in just a few days, which means everybody is frantically trying to figure out what to do with all of their free time. For many high schoolers, students are trying to match up their schedules with their friends’ to spend as much time with them as possible, and for others, their plan may be to binge watch a show for the next two weeks. Spring break can be boring if all you have to do is go to work, maybe do some chores, and sit on a couch eating Cheetos. Everybody needs to get out and live their life. There are many possibilities you can do in your free time. Not to sound like a mom or anything, but go outside and enjoy nature and everything about it. You can go on a hike, or a bike ride, or even go to the zoo to see all of the cute animals. My personal favorite is all of the elephants and their cute little off-spring. For those of you who can’t go anywhere because of some of issue you have you may have with transportation, plant a garden in your backyard. This way you will be productive and you will later eat some healthy and organic vegetables. If you are not an outdoor person, you can build a fort for you, or younger siblings, make some yummy snack, and put on a good movie that you have been dying to see. Another option you have is to bake something. Cookies and brownies are always my go to, because they are super delicious and super easy to make. Another good option is to rearrange your room. Moving things around your room are a small change, but change is good for your mental health. Once you finish changing your room, you will feel better walking into your and it is very relieving for me when I change my room. Spring break is a time where you can relieve any stress you have from school and just really focusing on you. Some people will even go as far as treating themselves with spa days and getting their cut to really just make themselves feel better.Overall, just have fun and enjoy the two weeks we get off. I hope whatever you do this spring break, we will all have fun and come back with a fresh and positive mindset to finish the last quarter of school with a good note.