Homecoming 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming 2019

Madeline Farnsworth, Contributor

This past Saturday was Benjamin Franklin’s Homecoming for the 2019-2020 school year. This years theme was “Out of this World”.  Since the 50th anniversary of the moon landing was over the summer, the space themes and NASA trends have grown in popularity. The space themed idea was smart because it was a theme that everyone at the school understood. The week of homecoming we had a movie night, powder puff, volleyball games, car smash, football games, and of course, the dance itself. The gym was set up to look like space. There was a balloon arch in the entrance of the gym that were silver and blue balloons to represent the sky. There were a lot of glow-in-the-dark stars places on the walls. The table clothes had neon, glow-in-the-dark paint splattered all over them. Over all, the gym was decorated amazingly and was out of this world. There was a white, pop-up photo booth that gave out photo strips. These photo booths helped capture the crazy events that took place. The pictures will help students hold on to their memories of the dance. In the gym, there was also a dessert table that has little treats for that boost of energy that everyone needed towards the end of the dance. Towards the end, the table was close to being empty and the water bottles that were supplied where scattered everywhere in the gym.

The gym was completely opened up so that there was plenty of space to dance and have fun. From the beginning to the end of the dance, there was enough people to fill up the dance floor and have an awesome time. There was never a moment when the dance floor was empty or had only a few students dancing. There was always plenty of kids dancing. At some school dances, there has been times that the dance floor was bare and it was awkward to be the few kids that were the only ones dancing. However, this homecoming there was never a dull moment on the dance floor, from the slow dances to the dance battles that would break out. The biggest factor that made this past dance so memorable was the D.J. The music that was played got everyone to dance and it kept them on the dance floor. The D.J. played popular songs that most every teenager knows. He also played songs that kids were able to dance to. Some popular songs are hard to dance to but all the songs that were played had a good beat that made the kids want to get up and dance. There was never a dull moment at the dance. There was nothing that needed to be changed or fixed for next year. The turn out for this dance was amazing and having a great deal of students helped make the experience more memorable. This years homecoming was hands down the best homecoming our school has ever put on. Hopefully, the dances for the rest of the school year are going to be just as fun and just as memorable.