The Mine Shaft Killer

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Mine Shaft Killer

Alora, Contributor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Recently, two women were found dead in a flooded mine shaft on the island nation of Cyprus. This has to lead to the citizens on the Mediterranean island to fear a possible serial killer amongst them.  A crime at this level is not normal for the small country, and this worries the citizens. Officials say that the bodies were found six days apart in the abandoned mine located in next to the Mitsero village, about 17 miles to the west of Cyprus’s capital, Nicosia.

The two women found were both of the Filipino race. The first body was 38-years-old, who was uncovered on April 14. Since May of 2018, the 38-year-old has been reported missing along with her 6-year-old daughter. Authorities have yet to find the daughter when they returned to search for her in the mine where her mother was uncovered. Plans have been put in place to search the nearby lake with underwater cameras and equipment.  Saturday, April 20, officials found the other body mentioned, a 28-year-old Filipino woman. She has yet to be identified, however, it’s been proven that she has been missing since last year. “’You appreciate that this is a very sensitive issue. We are examining the possibility there may be other bodies,’  Trangolas told reporters. ‘The search will continue for as many days as necessary and until we have definitive answers'” (Fox News Network).

“Authorities have taken a 35-year-old Cypriot military officer into custody, who now faces charges of premeditated murder and kidnapping with intent to commit premeditated murder in connection with the killings. A law enforcement official told the Associated Press that during questioning, the officer admitted killing the women” (Fox News Network). The military officer claimed to have met the women on an online dating site. He pled guilty for dumping the 38-year-old’s daughter into the lake. His claim was that the girl had died choking on her own vomit before he disposed of her body in the lake.

When the women had originally been reported missing, authorities dismissed the reports with the possibility the women had fled North out of the officers’ jurisdiction. Now, however, with the bodies found, the Filipino population in Cyprus have caused much uproar and accused the officials of not taking actions sooner. “Chrysostomou said Monday his department would work to address any shortcomings the case exposes, but also disclosed the scale of the crimes could be ever larger” (Fox News Network). Police had planned to continue to search the mine for additional victims. However, these plans had to be postponed due to a potential safety hazard. The beams in the mine could provide a potential threat of collapsing on investigators. Further investigation will continue after the safety hazard if deemed safe again. More information on the 6-year-old’s body has yet to be released as officials continue with the investigation.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/cyprus-murders-serial-killer-suspect-bodies-mineshaft-dating

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Left
  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    Southern Border Tent Cities

  • News

    Elon Musk Opens Up

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    Doris Day Dies At 97

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    Abortion Laws in Alabama

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    Woman Bamboozles World out of Thousands of Dollars

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    Facebook Co-Founder Calls for Social Media Giant to be Split

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    STEM School Shooting

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    Measles Outbreak

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    Men Save Kangaroo from Drowning

  • The Mine Shaft Killer

    News

    San Diego Synagogue Shooting

Navigate Right
The Mine Shaft Killer