The Sharing Rock

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Sharing Rock

Danner Bowen, contributor

Recently at BFHS, a mysterious rock began making its way around campus. No one knew where this rock came from or why it was going around the school. Teachers and students began talking about this rock and turned it into the joke of the school. The rock quickly gained the name of the Sharing Rock, as people would sign the rock and pass it along to other students and teachers.

The rock began being passed around the week after BFHS came back from spring break. It began being passed around by some junior students in Mr. Solari’s first hour class. A rock is placed by the stairwell door near Mr. Solari’s room to keep the door open. After opening ceremonies one morning, BFHS junior, Tate Larson, picked up the rock and decided he would put the it in a friend’s bag. Tate found the gym bag of his classmate, Danner Bowen, and placed it in his bag. When Danner found the rock, he was walking in the hallway and did not want to carry the rock anymore, so he gave it to another fellow junior, Jacob Glover. From that point the rock kept being passed along and began to be signed along the way. Another student, Reagan Smith, got the rock and wrote “The Sharing Rock,” where the rock got its name.

For the rest of the week, students and teachers signed the rock and wrote notes on it. The rock began to be filled with all sorts of writings and signatures. There were notes in English, Spanish, drawings, and other random names including the anonymous name “sped gang.” The Sharing Rock was a funny joke for a week but it slowly died down when the rock became filled with notes. The rock ended up in Mrs. Pullin’s room and sits in her room on her shelf to show off to everyone. The Sharing rock will sit on her shelf for the rest of the year to remember. Many things like The Sharing Rock is what makes school years fun and memorable. The legacy of the Sharing Rock will live on and hopefully be continued for years to come.