Boys Soccer 2018-2019

Joshua Case, Contributor

The winter sports season is coming to an end at Benjamin Franklin. In looking back to how the season started, it is apparent that the Benjamin Franklin boys’ soccer team was a force to be reckoned with. They started out with a win over Globe with a score of nine goals to none. They kept the momentum rolling against Coolidge in a closely fought game with a score of three goals to two.  The Chargers’ winning streak continued on against American Leadership Academy Gilbert North Campus in an impressive come from behind win that went into overtime in-order-to be completed, with the final score of six to five. The final game of the Chargers’ win streak came the day after the overtime win, which was against the Arete Prep Chargers where the Ben Franklin Chargers won 7-1.

The next game ended the hot win streak that the Chargers had gotten used to against Gilbert Classical with a Chargers loss of 1-2. This was not the only loss that faced the Chargers as they also lost their star striker, Jacob Aiello, to a broken collarbone. After this game, the team took a little break from playing games, because of winter break.

The Chargers came back from the break with a game against Gilbert Christian. With solid efforts on both sides and after a long, grueling game going into overtime, the game ended with a tie at a score of one goal to one. The team rebounded their next game playing the team of Coolidge for the second time in the season and came out with a win, the same result as last time, with a score of two goals to one. After this win the Chargers went into  a two game losing streak, first against Arizona College Prep by a score of one goal to five, and secondly against Chandler Prep by a score of one goal to three. With the final game of that week coming on the Friday after the Chandler Prep game, the Chargers won against Valley Christian with a 5-1 victory.

The next game the Chargers played was against Horizon Honors. The contest against them came to a standstill through overtime and ended in a tie. The Chargers have one game left in he season against American Leadership Academy Ironwood Campus and hopes are high to win that game and make a strong run to playoffs.

http://www.azpreps365.com/teams/soccer-winter-boys/4354-ben-frank/116849-varsity

Joshua Case, Contributor

I am a junior at BFHS. I love to play sports and be active. I like to spend my free with my friends and keep a positive outlook on life.