The Escape Room

Sydney Fish, Contributor

Six strangers were chosen to travel to a mysterious building to experience the Escape Room. Once they were placed in the room, they realized that the escape room started because they were trapped. They figured out that the person in the room was not real, and found a key, which they put in the door. Then, heat began to fill the room. They found that a secret passageway needed to be kept open by putting weight on the holes in the coffee table. During this time we find more about one of the characters named Amanda Harper. Once the room was lit on fire, she began to panic. Amanda had burn scars on her neck which showed a flashback of her fighting in a war. The characters started to fill up glasses of water and placed it on the holes in the coffee table which caused the door to stay open as they escaped that level. The next room they entered was a cabin. They found a door that had locks on it. In this room more information about a guy named Ben Miller was revealed. There was a flashback of him and his friends riding in a car singing “Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer” as the friends got into a horrible car accident. Ben told them to put the word “Reindeer” in the lock and the door opened to a room with an icy ground and a freezing temperature.

The characters began looking for any clues that they could find. They found a door but they needed to find another key to open it. They looked around and found a fishing pole. After struggling to find anything, they pulled out a giant block of ice that had a key in the middle of it. Ben had a lighter that he used to light his cigarettes. A character named Danny Khan walked across the ice and fell through. After everyone struggled to find him under the ice they could not find him. Because of the cold state they were in, they needed to get the key out of the block of ice. The rest of the characters used their hands to melt the ice and once the ice melted, they finally got the key out.

The next room they entered was a room that was similar to musical chairs. Amanda moved to try and find an eight ball. Once she got it she tried to get back to the side where everyone else was, but when she threw the ball, she fell to her death. The fifth room looked like a hospital but each section looked like the room they were in after each one of their accidents. Zoey Davis figures out that they created each room to see if they were lucky enough to survive again. Poisonous gas was going to fill the room if someone could not get their heart at a certain heart rate.  Mike Nolan was another one of the characters who decided to sacrifice his life but his heart rate was not what they needed and they lost him in the process. Jason Walker slowed down his heart beat while the poisonous gas filled the room. Zoey was left behind and the only people that were left was Jason and Danny.

The sixth room was a hypnotizing room and they found that only one could survive by drinking from a small tube filled with liquid. Jason and Danny fought until Danny was able to get the tube and drink from it. The last room was a room full of books and he needed to find a code to the door while it was shrinking. After struggling to find the code, he found it with no room for him to move between the moving wall and the door. He escaped the room and saw the leader of the escape room creation. The man shot Danny but then Zoey showed up and saved him because she ended up escaping the hospital room by finding a secret exit.

In the end of the movie Zoey and Danny tried to show the police the escape rooms but the building was completely empty so the police did not believe them. Five years after, Danny and Zoey went to lunch and it turned out that Zoey had been trying to find the people in charge of the escape room for years. The movie ends with the leaders of the escape room finding the flight that Zoey took to find them, that left a cliffhanger. This movie was full of intense scenes that allowed the audience to feel like they were in the movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5886046/

Sydney Fish, Contributor

My name is Sydney Fish. I am a senior.