Kingdom Hearts III leaks Over a Month Before its Release

Andres Nichols, Contributor

Kingdom Hearts is a video game series that has been loved by many. Square Enix, the developing company that works on Kingdom Hearts, intended the new installment to the series to be released on January 29 2019. However someone was able to got a hold of several copies Kingdom Hearts III over a month prior to its intended release.

The leaker had posted an image of the game’s case on a Facebook Marketplace listing and was letting people know that he would be selling an early copy for about a hundred dollars. However in order to receive to copy it was required to make the purchase in person. The story seems to be that the leaker stole the copies from somewhere in North Carolina that had connections to the game’s printing and manufacturing. Before the online listing was taken down ten of the thirty stolen copies where already sold. At this point it is impossible for this leaker to avoid any legal punishment. The clock is only counting down till he is caught.

Many online users were confused if this Kingdom Hearts leak was real or fake, but the leaker even went out of his way to post a small video of him putting the game in his Xbox One and starting the game up. Square Enix is also well know for keeping leaks on their upcoming games low which made many online users to believe that this leak was fake. However soon after the leak, the Kingdom Hearts’ game developer, Tetsuya Nomura had made a formal response to the leak on Twitter. Nomura had said,”We’re aware that a small portion of Kingdom Hearts 3 has been circulating online before its official release. We are also aware as to how this has all happened. We’re sorry to see this caused concern amongst our fans who are excited for the release. The whole team has been working together since yesterday night (Japan time) to investigate what we can do to better this situation, but first we would like to ask that you do not share these videos. The game’s epilogue and secret movie, which are the biggest spoilers in this game, are planned to be released at a later date just in case, so they will not be shown before the game’s release. We want everyone to be able to equally experience the full game after its release, so we ask for your continued support on this matter. We’re also very grateful that our fans have been warning each other already about the spoilers. Thank you very much. We’re one month out from the release. Let’s enjoy the game together when it releases on Jan. 29, 2019.“After that response it is clear that this leak was legitimate and there is no doubt about that. However it is welcoming to know that the biggest spoilers of the game are to still be released.

Whoever leaked the game is sure to be caught, but knowing that the game is out in the wild does not help fans to contain their excitement for Kingdom Hearts III. Either way there is only a little over a month until the release of Kingdom Hearts III, which is when everyone will be able to experience the complete story of the game.

Sources:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/12/17/kingdom-hearts-3-leaks-six-weeks-early/

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/16/18143149/kingdom-hearts-3-leaks-spoilers-videos-screenshots-testsuya-nomura-statement

Andres Nichols, Contributor

I am a Freshman and that is all you need to know.