15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

Back to Article
Back to Article

15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

Kaidyn Greene, Contributor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






On December 11, a Russian girl, Irina Rybnikova, at the age of 15, died from electrocution. “Irina Rybnikova was killed in the city of Bratsk in the central Russian region of Irkutsk Oblast when she took a bath with her phone on charge” (Finance). She was using her phone, messaging friends, while her phone was charging. Her fingers were supposedly wet while she was grabbing her phone, she dropped it in the tub, and it shocked her. She was found by her parents who were very distraught. Her friends and family were very shocked about her passing. She was said to be a very sweet girl and caring to everyone.

“It’s well known that water is an excellent electricity conductor. When Irina’s charging phone fell into the bath it had caused a short circuit, electrocuting her” (News 24). There have been many other incidents similar to Irina’s incident. On December 31, 2017, a pregnant woman died the same way, it was a very tragic situation because both her and the baby died. “A 21-year-old pregnant woman from Saint-Martin-d’Hères in eastern France died the same way just days before she was due to give birth – she was more than eight months pregnant. Her husband found her body in the bath when he returned from shopping. It was too late to save their unborn child” (News 24).

Another example of this happening was on July in 2017, a girl was charging her phone, same as Irina, and was electrocuted. “Madison Coe, 14, from Lovington in New Mexico, US, had been recharging her phone next to the bath. The charger fell into the bath and electrocuted her. It was also discovered the charging cable had been frayed” (News 24).

Irina died so young and had many hopes and dreams. She was very good at doing martial arts. “Just two months ago she’d won the all-Russian championship in pankration – a form of no-rules boxing and wrestling which had originated in ancient Greece. She was also chosen for her country’s national team” (News 24). She always loved sports and was going to go study in another city with friends.

Many people are trying to raise awareness of these incidents because they want to try and help prevent it from continuing to happen so often. It is more common than believed, and it needs to be noticed more so that people are more cautious with their phones, especially near water. There is no way of knowing how stable and water protected a charger and phone are, so always be careful while putting them near water.

https://www.news24.com/World/News/russian-teen-electrocuted-after-dropping-her-charging-phone-in-bath-20181211

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fifteen-year-old-dies-electrocuted-iphone-bathtub-2-095858932.html

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Kaidyn Greene, Contributor

I am Kaidyn and I am a Junior.

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Left
  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    Is Donald Trump going too far?

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    Government Shutdown

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    5G Mobile to Revolutionize Internet

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    Snow Storm in Europe Leaves 13 Dead

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    Carnival Cruise Passenger Reported as Missing

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    Bomb Threats All Over the United States

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    Kingdom Hearts III leaks Over a Month Before its Release

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    Teen Vaping

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    An 88 Year Old Mother Finally Found Her Daughter After 69 Years

  • 15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath

    News

    A New Milestone in Civilian Space Travel

Navigate Right
15 Year-Old Electrocuted by Phone in Bath