Marvel delays Avengers 4 Trailer but Something made Fans Upset

Back to Article
Back to Article

Andres Nichols, Contributor

Many fans are excited for the next Avengers movie and the greatest downfall of any hardcore fan is that they believe many rumors and get hyped for something that was never bound to come. With recent rumors about the Avengers 4 trailer’s drop and decisions of marvel, fans have become quite upset. However another rumor, which turned out to be true, has appeared that might help fans get hyped for the trailer again.

It was originally rumored that the new Avengers 4 trailer was to be revealed on Wednesday December 5. Many fans were hyped to see the new trailer to the Avengers sequel, but to their disappointment nothing other than the prelude comic came out. Marvel had delayed the trailer to not distract the grieving for the recent death of the former forty-first president, George Bush. It was right for Marvel to take their upcoming movie off the spotlight that day. However do not lose all hope of having to wait a while for the trailer because a rumor has begun to spread again of that the Avengers 4 trailer. This rumor claims that the trailer will have to be released on Friday December 7. This rumor was based on the fact that the Avengers 4 trailer has to come out before the new Spider-man movie trailer. This rumor happened to be true since the Avengers Endgame trailer was released on December 7 in the morning. Even though Marvel may have had to disappoint fans to do the right thing to postpone the trailer, they still managed to get fans upset with that new prelude comic that was mentioned above.

Recently after every new Marvel Cinematic Universe trailer, Marvel releases a prelude comic that gives a little more info about the particular upcoming M.C.U movie. No one is quite sure why Marvel chose to do this, but instead of giving people the scheduled Avengers 4 prelude, Marvel sold the first third of Infinity War with no new details about the upcoming movie. The front cover had said one of three, so it is a guarantee that more prelude comics are on the way. Fans were more upset at the fact that the prelude comic did not specify that it was just an Infinity War recap. Many have also suspected that is could be to prevent the prelude to tell people what is going on but rather wait for the actual trailer to be released. If this were the case, would the next prelude comic continue to retell Infinity War, and on the last panel reveal the movie or will Marvel not give any information about the Avengers Endgame?

Even if fan’s hearts were broken Marvel made the right choice to postpone the trailer to keep Wednesday in memory of George Bush. However Marvel should have never released a prelude comic as a recap of a movie that was already out. Marvel should have at least told customers that it would be the first third of Infinity War. Either way, whether or not fans like it, Marvel know when it is the right time to announce upcoming movies and how to get people to buy their merchandise. Hopefully with the release of the Avengers Endgame trailer, fans will be satisfied by Marvel’s  awkward choices to release the latest Cinematic info about Avengers.

Sources:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/16/avengers-4-trailer-prelude-comic-release-date/

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/first-avengers-4-trailer-coming-friday-morning/

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12/06/marvel-fans-react-to-no-avengers-4-trailer-today/#2

Andres Nichols, Contributor

I am a Freshman and that is all you need to know.