The Future Of The U.S. Dollar

Ashley George, Contributor

The U.S. economy is booming and growing. This growth has helped companies all over the world build an enterprise along with the investors who support it. But new opportunities are predicted to come in the future for major U.S. investors such as Europe, japan, and China. The U.S. dollar is expected to fall from the current 97% to 85% by the end of next year. The three major investing countries predicted to stop investing money in the Global financial markets along with the Federal reserve stop raising interest rates, which will increase the U.S. dollar in a negative way.

If this situation does end up planning out the U.S. Economy is in risk of a Fiscal Deficit. This could be caused by too many imports into the U.S. and not enough exports which then causes the U.S. to spend more than their revenue. “As a result, there will be less capital available to fund U.S. deficits”(CNBC). This will set back the growth of the Economy and actually push it back a few steps. In 2018, the constant growth of the Economy is what had motivated investors to fund its future increasing the worth of the U.S. Dollar. The U.S. has thrived from funds from foreign countries, but if these countries find more reasonable investments that will benefit their companies. If there are better options they will withdraw their investments and switch to the higher revenue option.

Major corporations have skyrocketed in value over 2018. Some being Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and Walmart. What builds up the U.S. economy are the major U.S. corporations. Walmart is one of the largest shopping chains in the world having stores ranging from Honduras to Brazil. Walmart has thus grown over the years to have a total net worth of $500 Billion dollars. Amazon one of the cultivating online stores ran and founded by Jeff Bezos. Amazon is one of the few rare companies to hit a net worth of $1 Trillion dollars along side Apple. Jeff Bezos’ net worth reached to $151 billion dollars which is about $56 billion more than the $95.3 billion that the Microsoft co-founder is currently worth. Apple was the first American company to hit the $1 trillion dollar mark.  Apple is one of America’s most successful companies and loved by people all over the world. Their products are a representation of the future as well as the new technology America has to offer. And lastly a company named Microsoft. Microsoft is worth $753 billion dollars, which makes Microsoft America’s third most valuable company as of this year.

This resulting that the U.S. economy has received two complex consecutive quarters of growth along with the strong holiday sales happening all over the world. New products being imported all over the world and exported. Even thus, this will not make up for all of the debt the U.S. is in. Europe is sky rocketing over all the countries with the revenue and lack of debt. “The fall in U.S. Treasury yields is widely blamed on expectations regarding future Federal Reserve interest rate policy. The Fed is expecting to raise interest rates three times in 2018 – the market is more sceptical and expects it to raise them less than three times – should either of these expectations be lowered we would expect the Dollar to fade accordingly.” (PSL). Thus proving that the great growth to our economy will negatively effect us in the future. Watch out America!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/29/forex-morgan-stanley-says-us-dollar-will-weaken-through-2020.html

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/usd/8247-the-us-dollar-weakening-at-the-start-of-new-year