Apple’s New iPad Pro

Andres Nichols, Contributor

On October 30th, Apple held an event to announce their new gadgets. One of the many impressive gadgets that Apple has announced is the iPad Pro. This new iPad has gotten a total revamp since last year’s model and there is also many useful accessories that will bring a better and cleaner user experience.

Beginning with the new display, the iPad Pro has gotten a larger screen by reducing the unnecessary bessel. The home button has been removed to compromise for the larger screen. There will be two different screen sizes to choose from 12.9 inches and 11 inches. Both of the sizes have Apple’s Liquid Retina display with 2732-by-2048-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch for the 12.9 inch iPad and 2388-by-1668-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch for the 11 inch iPad. Due to the new design the iPad Pro will have Face ID to unlock instead of Touch ID since there is no more home button.

The iPad has a single 12 megapixel camera on the back with a ƒ/1.8 aperture. On the front side of the iPad the TrueDepth camera is 7 megapixel with a ƒ/2.2 aperture. Video recording is capable of up to 1080p HD and have the option to swap it to 30fps of 60 fps. The TrueDepth camera will allow users to use Apple’s Memoji and Animoji. There are several speakers and microphones that have crisp audio and pick up clean sounds for an amazing video.

For the internal specs the iPad Pro will have the option to add cellular data. Both iPad sizes will also have the option to add an e-sim for a second number. There will also be bluetooth 5.0 technology. In the iPad Pros there will be a new A12X Bionic chip to bring even more power and speed to this new device. A neural engine has been added to help the A12X Bionic chip be even more powerful. Apple has decided to change their lightning port to a USB-C type port and no additional cables will have to be purchased. The eleven inch model has a 29.37 watt rechargeable battery and the 12.9 inch model has a 36.71 watt rechargeable battery. Both models should have an average battery life of nine to ten hours.

One of the many accessories that is recommended by Apple for a better iPad Pro experience is the new Apple Pencil. The Apple Pencil will magnetically attach to the side of the iPad Pro which will both wirelessly charge and pair it with the iPad Pro instantly. The Apple Pencil is great and useful to take quick notes and even to make drawings. By double tapping the side, users could quickly change between brush sizes or brush types. The second best accessory, recommended by Apple, is the the new Smart Keyboard Folio which gives a full keyboard experience to the iPad Pro and provides two different resting positions to view the iPad Pro comfortably.

With all these cool and amazing features the iPad Pro’s starting price will be $999 for the 12.9 inch model and $1149 with the cellular option added. For the 11 inch it will start at $799 and with cellular model, it will be $949. All models can have different prices depending to the amount of storage capacity that was chosen. There will be storage options of: 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB. The Apple pencil will be 129$ and the Smart Keyboard will cost around 200$. All of these can be pre-ordered today and will be available in most retailers by November 7th 2018.

Sources:

https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/specs/

Andres Nichols, Contributor

I am a Freshman and that is all you need to know.